10.19.2007

on my evening jig-ity-jog yesterday, i came to the conclusion that this is my new favorite song.
it always makes me run a little faster & inspires me to try a little harder slash be a better person.



upside down/by good ol' jack johnson

who's to say
what's impossible
well they forgot
this world keeps spinning
and with each new day
i can feel a change in everything
and as the surface breaks reflections fade
but in some ways they remain the same
and as my mind begins to spread its wings
there's no stoppin' curiosity

i wanna turn the whole thing upside down
i'll find the things they say just can't be found
i'll share this love i find with everyone
we'll sing and dance to mother nature's song
i don't want this feeling to go away

who's to say
i can't do everything
well i can try
and as i roll along i begin to find
things aren't always just what they seem

i wanna turn the whole thing upside down
i'll find the things they say just can't be found
i'll share this love i find with everyone
we'll sing and dance to mother nature's song
this world keeps spinning and there's no time to waste
will it all keep spinning and spinning round and round and

upside down
who's to say what's impossible and can't be found
i don't want this feeling to go away

please don't go away
is this how it's supposed to be?

10 comments:

Jamie said...

Yeah, first comment! Um, ya I love this song too. You rock , way to be healthy & jog.

Em said...

Carter calls this the Curious George song. That is how I know it. Such a mom thing to say. I need more grown up conversation apparently. Good song.

Alisse Baldwin said...

Love this song, too. It's one of those when I drive home at 6:00 and the holy-crap-that's-amazing sunset is in my rear view mirror... that I think to myself: Life is good right now.

cori said...

good for you...run angie run!

Tanya Leigh said...

Hehe, I also know this via Curious George :) Thanks for the lyrics, I never knew it was such a neat song! I think I will forever want to jog when I hear it now, too ;)

amy mo said...

Wow, I don't know if you're crazy or my hero. Probably both? TJ the telemarketer guy is started it again too. You guys are pretty much amazing for having enough self-control to do it! & if you happen to kill somebody while on it, I'm sure the police will totally understand. You'll just have to say, but I was on the cleanse! & they'll let you go.

amy mo said...

P.S. good job on the running. Another reason why you can be my hero!

shabbyscrapper said...

thanks here too. i love this song but never knew exactly what all the words were. wow!! amazing...i love jack!and i love you! teehee

Unknown said...

jack johnson has the BEST music! i seriously love every song he sings! so uplifting & calming{to me anyways}! i heart jack!

•stephanie• said...

clearly i need to watch curious george. i'm missing out on a great tune. love it.