5.13.2008

post-mother's day post

Haven’t been much of a blogger lately.
But I'm feelin’ the love right now.


My heart is full.
My home is happy.
So I thought I’d hop on & share my feelings e-style for a sec.


Mother’s day was rockin’.
Breakfast ala Myron Dunn, churchy-ness & sleeping in til 10=true love.
It was a fabulous 24 hours & I had a lot of spare time to reflect on the things that are most important.


Truth be told: 2008 thus far has kinda been a trip for our family o’ three.
We’re experiencing a lot of change career-wise, and as a result, times have been interesting & a little busier than we’d prefer.
The past few months have been all about tag-teamin’, supporting one another, and livin’on a prayer.
There are lots of irons in the fire, & very little time for extracurricular randomness. {such as blogging, sleeping, breathing, etc...}
These days have been trying on body & spirit.


But even & especially during these moments of uncertainty, I continually feel & see the hand of the Lord in my life.
I am learning valuable lessons of humility & reliance on my Heavenly Father & his timing.
I am growing an even deeper appreciation for my sweet husband & his profound devotion to his family.
I am recognizing small & simple tender mercies on a daily basis.


When I am feeling exhausted or inadequate, I will turn to my favorite talk from conference this year: Daughters of God. I find great comfort & perspective in Elder Ballard’s words.


“There is no one perfect way to be a good mother. Each situation is unique. Each mother has different challenges, different skills and abilities, and certainly different children. The choice is different and unique for each mother and each family. Many are able to be “full-time moms,” at least during the most formative years of their children’s lives, and many others would like to be. Some may have to work part- or full-time; some may work at home; some may divide their lives into periods of home and family and work. What matters is that a mother loves her children deeply and, in keeping with the devotion she has for God and her husband, prioritizes them above all else.”


I am so grateful to be a wife & mother.
I consider Myron & Chloe my very choicest blessings.
They are the one & only reason I cut cardstock & count buttons until 4-freaking-thirty in the morning.
It is my life’s mission to rally around & support them all the days of my life.


My heart is full.
My home is happy.
And that is all that matters tonight.

{♥}

20 comments:

Mark Dixon said...

Angie: You are an inspiration to me! -Dad

Unknown said...

Amen! sister!
And me too!
Hey did you know my DM is trying to talk me into staying on my 7 days per week route? Yep, but, this little chicklet(ME) wants to stop. I will be subbing for a sid route for the whole month of July.
But, the other man whom used to throw my route, before I took over it from my friend Jennifer(breathe)
well, he may want to just come back in the summer time and then I may consider doing it for spring and the fall.

Hey the huge bonus(tips) from customers for Christmas like $700-$1700, wow, good huh? well, that would be really mine year, since I did the route for almost 6 months.

I will keep you posted but, I am not exactly sure what I want to do as most days my brain is fried(tired) graveyard. but, I was able to get stronger(muscle wise) and that is a good thing. Keeps ya hopping.

Oh saying hopping I sure miss our bandit rabbit that ran away. Boo Hoo.

Take care of you!

Stephanie said...

Angie, I love you...you truly are an inspiration to me! Hang in there and keep your amazing faith girlie!

granny said...

And that, in a nutshell, is what life is all about. Thanks for being such an inspiration.

Kaelene said...

You rawk, with your inspiring posts! I needed to read that quote from that very excellent talk . . .especially since I will soon be a foster mom!
♥ ya, girl!

runningfan said...

Hey sis, way to be an example to me! We'll be thinkin' and prayin' about you, too. --h

amanda p. said...

crazy he way life turns sometimes huh?!

All I know, is some of our hardest times thus far have been the best times as we look back, because we have realized all you really need is your family and the gospel.

So keep rockin girlie, and maybe sometime when you're up until 5am countin paper, realize how good it feels to be able to help in every way you can!

You are way too awesome! Keep being my example k? :)

Jamie said...

YOU = AMAZING

Life is definately about keeping on! You are such an inspiration to me. And well I kind of really like ya. Happy Mother's Day . . . a few days after.

Lori said...

I am speechless . . . I am without speech. Perfectly written Angie!

Coree Adams said...

Amen sister! Life throws some major curve balls at times. It's amazing what having a sweet husband and adorable babe to love and take care of does for the soul. I couldn't get up and do what I do everyday if it wasn't for my family. You work so hard for your little family and I am so happy to have such a good friend like you. You are such a good example to me of what I should be like. LOVE YA!!!
P.S. When this crazy year is over, I think you and I should go on a women's retreat together to somewhere beautiful and sunny and quiet and relaxing. Wouldn't that be great? We definitely deserve it!

Beth Curtis said...

Angie, You are awesome! The most amazing thing about you is that you go through your trials with a smile on your face. A true inspiration!

Sassy said...

You have a way with words my friend! You say it so beautifully!!! ♥ya

Lisa said...

Always love to read your posts. They are so well written and thought out.

You also always have such dang cute pictures!

cori said...

i count you as a mongo blessing in my life. this was so sweet. love ya mother, sister, friend. every way i love ya.

Kaytie Brown said...

You're amazing and I freaking love ya!!!

Anonymous said...

This is Such Wonderful, inspiring post! I feel like I am more confident as a wife & mom having read it. THANKS!

Stoddard Studios said...

happy late mothers day. love the picture.

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

You are a wise girl! Oops, WOMAN!!

stephanie said...

happy (late) mothers day to you too, loved that talk also!!!

mademoisellechitchat said...

Angie:

Happy 5th Anniversary!!

Thanks again for the kits/paper.

Love ya!