10.21.2009

my construction plans


i'm a big fan of vision boards.

here's 2007's.

here's 2008's.

and i know it's a little late:
but i just finished my 2009-2010
installment.

this year
i decided to bust out the mags & create
a simplified & streamlined
lil collage of
my goals for my days...
my vision for my life...
&
the desires of my heart.

every image has a happy purpose
& personal meaning.

i'll love it & use it.

***

"all things are created twice. there's a mental or first creation, and a physical, or a second creation to all things.

take the construction of a home, for example. you create it in every detail before you ever hammer the first nail into place. you try to get a very clear sense of what kind of house you want. if you want a family-centered home, you plan to put a family room where it would be a natural gathering place. you plan sliding doors and a patio for children to play outside. you work with ideas. you work with your mind until you get a clear image of what you want to build.

then you reduce it to the blueprint & develop contruction plans. all of this is done before the earth is touched. if not, then in the second creation, the physical creation, you will have to make expensive changes that may double the cost of your home.

the carpenter's rule is "measure twice, cut once." you have to make sure that the blueprint, the first creation, is really what you want, that you've thought everything through. then you put it into bricks and mortar. each day you go to the construction shed and pull out the blueprint to get marching orders for the day.

you begin with the end in mind."

-stephen r. covey

5 comments:

Brandis said...

I love that idea! That's definitely something I need to do. You rock!

Unknown said...

i love these boards you do!!! i actually got stuff to make one of my own, oh, about a year or so ago & of course haven't even started it. you've inspired me to bust it out again! (:

granny said...

so stinkin' cute

sandalloons40 said...

really adorable Angie! and love the pink back ground again. I am trying to learn now since I am back on blogspot how to make my whole page 1 color. have any hints for me?
I need to jazz up my blog also. LOL

Sassy said...

OH MY STARS!!!! L♥ve it!!!!!