1.25.2010

our day



the day started when i woke up at
8am & remembered that livy
had a well visit @ 8:10.

we made it.
looked awesome, but made it.

livy is healthy & strong,
97th %tile height & weight, baby.

and seriously, could i love her any more?
no. absolutely not.
*she's total heaven.


then i tackled dishes.
as in, most of the dishes from the weekend.

as i was loading, i had major flashbacks to
doin' family dishes with my dad.

i'd think something wasn't going to fit in the dishwasher,
and i could {almost} hear my pops say,
"oh ye of little faith."

he always used to say that if we didn't think something was going to fit.

i tetris-ed everything in & didn't have to hand-wash one dish. (:


i scrubbed bathrooms, vacuumed, dusted, did laundry...ya know....mom stuff.

and jammed to my current favorite group found in the chill-genre of my itunes. [the weepies]


i worked on a project that has been in the works for eh....
ten years or so.
{no joke, fer reals 10 years.}
i'm gonna finish & i'll share soon.


spent some moments playing petshops with curly sue.
{a daily ritual around these parts.}


and my night just ended as i viewed *via hulu, the last {tear} episode {tear} of the tonight show w/ conan o'brien.


"nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. but if you work really hard and you're kind,
amazing things will happen
."
-conan o'brien

{love that.}
goodnight everybody!


10 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job, it sounds like got tons done! Love those days! The Weepies are so fun too! I love Coco and am sad that he is gone. But he finished with grace, what a good example!

Burgess said...

We're so sad about Conan, too. We looked forward to him taking over for, like, a year. I still haven't seen the last episode. I'm waiting until it doesn't hurt so bad... :)

Britney {Jesses Girl} said...

oh productive mondays!

now let's have a productive TUESDAY! :)

Laurie said...

I love your tetris-style dishes! That is how I do it, and how I'm teaching my kids to do it! Haha, you can always fit one more! I will miss Conan! I like him way better than Jay!

Alison said...

Wait, wait, wait a stinkin' minute! How in the heck do you get to sleep in until 8? Teach me!!!

The Parkers said...

way to get things done! I am interested and excited to see what your 10 year in the making is! We are sad to see Conan go too...we get about 4 channels and NBC was one of them...my husband said if he goes to fox then we might just have to get cable lol

Mark Dixon said...

It made my day to read your post! Thanks for your great spirit.

mademoisellechitchat said...

Lurve the shirt, and I especially LURVE your chunky baby girl. :)

granny said...

I've never been a Conan fan, but I'll have to say reading that quote just might make me change my mind.

Unknown said...

you are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.! and Conan made me cry with his parting words.....he said some very quotable things I thought....and Will Farrell....well you just have to laugh!!!!!