1.29.2010

those moments


all moms have 'em-
those moments.

ya know? - those moments,
those moments when
at the most random of times,
you
*simultaneously*
feel
a. so deeply grateful & content
b. a little bit sad

thankful beyond measure that you
have this amazing gift of a child
but!
this heart-wrenching bit of sadness that
it's all going by too fast.

i had one of those moments
just the other day,
while chlo' was brushing her teeth
& i was sitting on the ground changing
livy's diaper.

i thought,
when did chloe's curly hair grow so long?
&
when did liv grow into a freakin' size 5 diaper?

time is fleeting.
and i love 'em so much,
that truth hurts sometimes.

that's why,
those moments-
they inspire me
to live consciously every single second.

to savor this time i have
with my little ones, while i help them to
sprout their little wings so they can eventually
fly away from me to experience
those moments of their own.

5 comments:

granny said...

Oh, and then they go and have children of their own and it just gets better and better....

Coree Adams said...

I most recently had the exact same experience. Bringing a baby home to their older siblings definitely makes you wonder where the time has gone. *SIGH* Alas, it is definitely more sweet than bitter and the most wonderful calling on earth!

Emily said...

Cute blog! :) XOxo.

Kaytie Brown said...

I'm SO right there with you lately... And I LOVE the sis Hinckley quote, have you ever read "Glimpses"? its awesome.

Sassy said...

those are tuff and ♥ wrenching moments....and I feel them all of the time........time flies right on by even when you are not having fun and when you are as well......I can't believe I have children in their thirties....I swear I just barely gave birth to my first child.......it breaks my heart......