9.01.2010

my thoughts exactly



everytime i run
i make excuses why i shouldn't.
everytime i run i wonder why i do it.
everytime i run i struggle for a half-mile or more trying to find my pace.
everytime i run my mind is allowed to aimlessly wander.
everytime i run i settle into a rhythm of my breathing against the stride of my feet.
everytime i run i think about God and his creations.
i notice little details that you would never see on a bike or in a car.
everytime i run i'm thankful to be alive & i can't believe how good it feels to move.
everytime i run i know that no matter what else happens that day, i've accomplished something worthwhile-something good for me.
everytime i run i wonder why everyone doesn't run.

-stacy julian
,
author of big picture scrapbooking

*just insert walk/jog everywhere she says
RUN and i couldn't agree with her more.
;)

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I recently started running for the first time in my life. It's the best mommy anger management class and anti-depression medicine all in one. I think all people should run. There would be less yelling in the world.

runningfan said...

Ah.....I miss running. :)

Unknown said...

Wow Angie,

I'm so honored that you blogged my thoughts on running --- thank YOU!

Bev said...

I.N.S.P.I.R.E.D.! But still won't run....waiting for it to cool off before I'll even consider walking...but great food for thought!

J*a~{s}n°a said...

I'd die if I had to RUN...but I will most definitely start walking ..I WILL!