5.15.2011

the results



i come to you, two weeks later, with the results of my little social experiment.

turns out that reducing my internet time has been {hardcore} inspired for me.
it's been super helpful for my sanity to be away from all the buzz on facebook lately.

i basically learned what i already knew: too much information, too many ideas & opinions...is overwhelming & discouraging to me.

therefore,
i am
definitely going to continue with my facebook & google-reader hiatus.
abstaining from it has increased my peace & clarity....just as i expected.

but today, as i was watching chloe delight over the blooming of our 3rd zinnia....
i found myself wanting to bottle up that sweet, happy moment forever.

and the best [and most efficient way] i know of to bottle up moments, is blogging.

so, i think i'll continue with my angieinpink-ness.
in a simpler format.

because it's fun & i miss it.
and because i want to record our little life story & share my angie-heart with my tiny corner of the world.

i'm super grateful for the encouragement i've received from friends to keep blogging in a way that feels balanced & uplifting to me.

here's to simple, happy posts about a simple, happy life.

13 comments:

The Fletchies said...

And we will all continue reading because we <3 your blog.

mom of fab five said...

I understand where you are coming from--glad to see you will still be here recording the "moments" that make life worth living.

Bev said...

Yeah....I'm doing the happy dance!!

Heidi said...

I'm so glad you are back in the blog world. I have missed you!

The Wizzle said...

Hear, hear! Glad you feel up to coming back to blogging.

(But I totally get why you wanted/needed a break.)

Jamie said...

Chloe's dress makes my {♥} happy! And the zinnias too!

Mark Dixon said...

Thanks for the inspiring post, and beautiful photos. Keep up the good work!

onehm said...

YAY for you doing what you love in a way that is just right for you. I am glad that you are going to keep writing. I'm inspired by every post. :)

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Your zinnias are blooming?? Jealous! Mine are still like 5 inches tall. Grr.

granny said...

Do it your way! But I'm glad to see you are blogging a little...I love it. And my zinnias haven't even left the packet yet...

J*a~{s}n°a said...

I's so grateful that you will keep angieinpink-ing! Love you!

Tanya Leigh said...

Yup. Amen to the Facebook too-much-ness. My favorite quote from Mary Poppins has to be: "Enough is as good as a feast."

Blogging is enough for me, Thank you.

And for Pete's sake, you have enough great ideas all by yourself. Trust yourself. :) *lessons I've recently learned too! -- I think that idea is flying around the universe lately.

Brittany Marie Trevino said...

We all love your blog and your simple, happy life makes for a beautiful and inspiring one! Plus your tiny world corner of the world loves angie heart!!;) chloe's dress is adorable as the new sprung flowers!