5.23.2011

weekly planner



on sunday nights, i try to sit down with myself & sort of roughly plan out my week.

this week is gonna be a doozy.
a crazy, happy, doozy though.

kinda my goal for the next 7 days is a trusty fave, go-to quote by
president benson:

"when we put god first, all other things fall into their proper place or drop out of our lives. our love of the lord will govern the claims for our affection, the demands on our time, the interests we pursue, and the order of our priorities."

isn't that so good? and true?

i know my best, most focused, busiest-but-in-a-weird-way most kick back, smooth sailing days are the ones i let the spirit guide my choices and actions. when i acknowledge god: how much he's given to me, how much he's blessed me with, & how much i desire to please and serve him...i have happier days.

last week i had a hard time doing that.
i felt like my old-self: constantly stressed & worried about situations i couldn't control, obsessing over randoms that i know won't matter in the eternal scheme of things, and choosing to feel hurt & offended by people that seem to misunderstand us.

i know that all i can do is work on me.
work on how i approach situations.
and relinquish control to the god who made me...who can see the end from the beginning.

i plan to create a week full of joy....
taking a proverbial chill-pill {if you will}

laughing more with my family,
trying more to be sensitive to the needs & feelings of others,
taking time to be patient with my kids,
making mundane things like cleaning my filthy house more fun by jamming music,
striving to be a helpful and positive employee,
making my home life sweeter & simpler with my cute kids & handsome husband,
and prepping for camp [9 days!] with a grateful heart.

and when i feel overwhelmed, [notice i said when, not if]
i will take a moment to breathe & remember my love for the lord.
because seeking his guidance has always shown me true happiness.

i am feeling particularly thankful for this blog slash journal of mine.
i re-read this post tonight & it reminded me of truths i occasionally forget.
it helped me re-focus & re-charge.
it showed me how far i've come,
and how much i sincerely desire to gradually keep moving forward.

4 comments:

Bev said...

I miss seeing you, talking to you and everything about you. Guess it's time for a trip to the Scrapbook store for some Angie time. ps love this post!!

mamamuniz said...

You rock! Just sayin'.

Leslie said...

Best of luck with camp prep...maybe you should wear C's anti-nervous glasses.

mademoisellechitchat said...

Honey, my mom sent this to me. It was a card that she mailed to me as I was finishing my Ph.D. I still have it; it stays in my nightstand. I think about it on a daily basis.