8.12.2011

baby steps to the elevator



our little family ate out this summer {a little} more than i care to admit....
due to the fact that:
a. i'm lazy/busy
b. the dunns can be fed for approximately $5 @ taco bell & little ceasers

i'm gettin' back into the swing of things...
makin' simple dinners/lunches for the fam....
been couponing for the past few weeks...
saving lots of money....
and trying to stock my shelves up in preparation for the upcoming/inevitable financial crisis.

just kidding!
*but [really] serious. {not funny}

i'm not very good at this stuff.
meal planning.
or meal budgeting.
or being organized about food storage.

but i feel heavenly father blessing me/helping me as i {keep calm & carry on} with it all.

just doin' my best.
:)

8 comments:

Bev said...

You're my hero!!

The Candlands said...

Umm my hubby and I eat out more than we'd care to admit too. And I hear ya on the preparation. My hubby keeps feeling the need (well he has for a year), but now more than ever!

granny said...

i'm with ya. Not good at it, but chipping away a day at a time.

Macey said...

It's tough when you/we live near like every fast food drive-thru too ;) I love coupons!

Brittany Marie Trevino said...

you are awesome! and hilarious and um yeh i agree about the 'inevitable financial crisis!" it's happening as we speak...

The Wizzle said...

Your title made me laugh!

When I'm under stress, or tight for time and energy, meal prep is always the first thing to go. :/ I hear ya.

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Whoa. My coupons totally wish they lived at your house in your coupon organizer. Not my shizzy one that ripped and is precariously perched in my closet. Nicely done.

becky+cade said...

good morning gill!! (: love that movie. amen to all of what you said. i feel bad for my poor husband because i work almost every night {at costa vida} so i don't make dinner for him & i get a nice meal at work! {i'm a jerk.}